A nice side dish.
- 3 pieces squids, washed & cleaned
- 1 piece egg
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup bread crumbs or tempura flakes
- Clean and drain the squid of its ink. Slice off the tip of the head & the tentacles
- Slice the squid into rings. Place in the bowl of ice water.
- Mix the egg, corn starch, salt and water into a batter. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Dip the squid rings until coated with batter. Roll the rings with the crumbs until completly covered.
- Deep fry in 3 inches of corn oil or canola oil, 5 pieces at a time until golden brown.
- Serve with salad dressing as dip.