Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
30g/1oz unsalted butter
2 slices of smoked bacon, chopped
2 tbsp double cream
1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Cut the top off the tomato and scoop out the seeds. Place onto a baking tray with the sausages and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the sausages are thoroughly cooked and the tomato soft.
3. Gently melt the butter in a pan.
4. Fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, or until brown and cooked through.
5. Place the eggs and cream in a bowl and beat together. Stir in the chives.
6. Pour the eggs into the pan with the bacon and stir consistently until the eggs have set.
7. Remove from the heat.
8. Remove the tomato from the heat and spoon the scrambled egg inside.
9. Transfer the stuffed tomato onto a plate and serve