The recipe is slightly modified to lessen the amount of cooking oil, it is not necessary to put 1/4 cup of cooking oil to cook the adobo since it is already cooked.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup vinegar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 large onion sliced
- a couple of bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a saucepan and add bay leaves, garlic, and vinegar.
- Let simmer until tender. If water is needed, add 1/2 cup hot water at a time. Leave to cook on medium heat until meat is tender and sauce is thick. Take off from heat.
- On another pan, heat the oil.
- When ready, add onion cook until transparent then add the chicken without the sauce. Stir fry for a couple of minutes then add the sauce.
- Serve hot with rice.