- 250 grams fresh tuna, sliced 1/4″ crosswise
- 1 pack fried tofu, cut into strips
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped (separate white from green leaves)
- 1 tbsp ginger, julienned
- 1/2 cup sticky rice
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 227 grams tomato sauce
- 7 cupswater
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season fish with 1/3 tsp fine salt. Fry it until light brown. Flake into large pieces and set aside. Saute garlic until brown, reserve the half for topping. Add white onion, ginger and rice, cook for five minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add fish, 7 cups of water and the tomato sauce . Season with 1/4 cup fish sauce and 1/4 tsp pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked. Add fried tofu and serve with chopped green onion leaves and cooked garlic on top.
This dish makes 8 servings.
Chicken could also be used to replace the fish and tofu.