This is a complete dish, serving with rice is just an option.
- 500 grams chicken breast or thigh, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 227 grams tomato sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
- laurel leaf
- 100 grams flat beans, sliced diagonally
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute garlic, onion and chicken. Add tomato sauce, 3/4cup water and 1/2tsp salt and 1/4tsp pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add potatoes, carrot, cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Add green peas, bell pepper and flat beans and cook further 5 minutes. Make sure you don’t over cook the vegetables. Serve hot.
This dish makes 6 servings