- 375g fillet steak
- black pepper corns
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/4tbsp ground mixed spice
- 1 ripe mango
- pinch of salt
- Wrap the steak and place in the freezer for about an hour or until just frozen. Then cut into thin strips across the grain discarding any fat and sinew.
- Crush the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or grind in a pepper mill.
- Whisk 2 tbsp of the oil in a bowl with rum, lime juice, chilli sauce, crushed peppercorns and mixed spice. Add the slices of steak and stir well to mix.
- Cover and leave to marinate for about4 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- About 15 minutes before cooking, prepare the mango: peel with a knife, then cut a slice lengthways from each side of the fruit, taking the knife as close to the central stone as possible. Slice these two pieces of mango thinly, then cut as much flesh as possible away from the stone and slice neatly.
- Heat the wok, when hot, add the remaining oil and heat over a moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Add the meat and marinade, increase heat to high and stir fry for 2 minutes or until meat is brown on all sides. Add mango slices and salt, stir fry for 3 seconds. Serve at once.
Making 4 servings.
Serve hot with rice.