We went to Ikea to purchase some dining chairs as well as some stuff. It is the first time I drove there so thank you Googlemaps for the map and directions! So now we have finally complete our dining area and to celebrate, we invited my parents in-law for lunch. On the menu we have grilled lamb chops with fresh salad, garlic baguette and cookies and cream ice cream topped with strawberry for dessert. We got my husband’s favourite wine- the Cabernet de Sauvignon from Wolf Blas, anAustralian wine.
Aside the undecided weather, all went well and my in-laws were delighted for us. Now we will be able to invite them often every saturday!
Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Chops
- 8 pieces lamb chops, trim fat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- sprig of rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic, whole
- 200 ml white wine
- cherry tomatoes to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/400F/Fan.
- Heat (high heat) griddle pan and brush olive oil. Add the lamb chops and brown the sides for minute each.
- Transfer to oveproof pan, place in the oven and cook for 8 minutes for rare (pink inside) or 16 minutes for well done.
- Remove from the pan
- Place pan on the hob and add rosemary and garlic cloves.
- Pour in white wine and simmer, around a minute
- Arrange lamb chops on the serving plate, pour the sauce (scraping the caramelised bits from the bottom with a wooden spatula) on the chops. Remove the garlic cloves.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and fresh cherry tomatoes. serve
Makes 4 servings.