Pasta with Mushroom Sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tsp olive oil
200g button mushroom ( champignon de paris), sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
200g vegetarian ham (quorn), shredded
60ml dry white wine (you may also replace this with milk or omit it completely)
300 ml creme fraiche (there is a low fat cream in Sainsburys)
500g Pasta (for the photo above, I use spaghetti
2 tbsp ciboulette (i don’t know the english name. You can also use parsley)
- Heat olive oil in medium sized pan. Add mushrooms, garlic, and ham. Cook until lightly golden. Mix often. Pour indry white wine (or milk) boil until only half of the liquid is left.
- Add the cream and leave to simmer until the sauce thickens lightly. Do not cover.
- During this time, cook the pasta according to instructions on the package. Boiling water should have olive oil and a bit of salt. Strain cooked pasta and serve in a bowl.
- Add the ciboulette (or parsley) into the sauce. Mix lightly.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
- You may also use other mushroom varieties.
- This sauce is best servedwith fresh pasta.