After a while, I do get fed up with cooking chicken 🙂 So here’s my mushroom risotto.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500g button mushroom (Champignon de Paris)
- 1 .2 litres veal or vegetable stock
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g risotto rice
- 8 cl white wine
- 20g butter
- 70g parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- freshly ground white pepper
- Clean up the mushrooms and cut into desired size
- Keep the veal or vegetable stock warm to simmer.
- Heat oil in heavy based saucepan and add shallots. Fry over gentle heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and mix thoroughly until it is coated in oil.
- Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has
been absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, butter and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.
Serves 4 people.