When you love cookies like we do, you get curious on how they are made. I am not talking about the ready to cook packets. There’s always not enough of cookies made with those. So this weekend, my little monsters and I baked our first batch of cookies together and I think it won’t be our last 🙂
We took a look at the basic cookie recipe and added our favourite ingredient and whatever nut is available… in our case it was the chestnuts.
This takes only 15 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook but an hour to rest. However, you’ll make about 15 delicious cookies.
- 315g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 220g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 115g brown sugar
- 150g walnuts, roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g chocolate chips
How to cook:
- Mix together the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs gradually and mix until the mixture is fluffy.
- In separate bowl, sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together, then slowly and gently fold into the mixture.
- Add the chocolate and nuts and mix together using your hands.
- Rest the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour.
- 15 minutes before the hour is up, preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/ gas 3.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place onto a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Make sure to leave a gap of at least 5 cm.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool in the cooling rack and serve. Store any that you don’t eat right away in airtight container.
The result is gorgeous! I cannot wait to bake more and try on new things 🙂